11 20 09 The Wedding of Meghan and Kenny at the Breakers Spring Lake NJ

1.16.2010


I always stress to couples how important good light is for photos.
Meghan's getting ready room was a perfect example.
Her getting ready photos are crisp, clean and colorful due to all the great natural light and the white walls in the room.

Wow! What fun Meghan and Kenny were to work with. The couple was totally comfortable in front of the camera but of course our plans to head to beach were nixed by the early sunset. Ugh, if only we a had an extra 15 mintues to get to the beach! Instead we used the church grounds and they did an AMAZING job of posing.

Believe it or not being comfortable enough to pose in front of the camera is quite rare. That is why so many couples love my style. I love candids, I love people being themselves, I love people having fun and I know most people don't love being photographed (especially guys). My style is to use posed candids where I will tell you to do something but you really make it your own. No over posing or forced poses that you have to hold for ten minutes why I set everything up. I try my best to make sure everyone is comfortable and enjoying their day to the fullest.

Well Meghan and Kenny were that small percentage of people who what every they did, it just looks great! For example. When most couples do a dip the bride looks scared and you have to get the bride to relax, in the mean time the groom is holding on for dear life. Usually it takes a second try to get it right. Not with them. Meghan just totally let go and she just looked so graceful, so carefree. She was laughing and giggling as the wind lifted her veil. It was fabulous!

This was a long way away from what I thought the couple would be like. When I met Meghan and Kenny I think I got a small "hello" out of Kenny and then he played with their dog outside for the rest of the meeting. What a "Shocker" it was to see them work the camera, the way they did.

That is the great thing about being a wedding photographer. You just never know what they day will bring. It's always exciting, always fun and I LOVE IT!













RESPONSE FROM BRIDE: I loved loved loveddddd the pictures! They came out so beautiful they were amazing thank you so much for photographing our day you really captured every moment perfectly! I loved the pictures of me in my bedroom and the pictures of Kenny and myself outside the church were gorgeous! There were pictures from the reception I don't even remember. They were great. I probably just looked at them 50 times brings me right back to that day I love them! I can not wait for the beach session I am so excited! Warm weather please come soon! Thank you so much every picture was absolutely wonderful.

Thanks!
Meghan

Reception - The Breakers Spring Lake -Dona

0 comments: